Slide shows

Monday, March 30, 2009

Moab Adventure Race




Well, we...Sara, Brent and I had a really fun time racing this weekend in Moab! Sara and I left Denver on Weds. morning, missing the 16 inches of snow that fell on Thurs, driving over in pretty decent weather. We camped out on Weds. night, then opted for a motel the rest of the week. A little more studying friendly than sitting around in the blowing sand. Brent and my Dad came over on Fri. and Dad. Sara and I got in a quick ride, after I drove back into town 15 miles to get my biking shoes I left in the motel room. Not a real good day for me as when we were pulling out of the parking area we had ridden, I did not check my bike to make sure it was tied down. First turn onto the main road my bike fell off the roof breaking the seatpost. Lucky that was all that broke!! Kinda a DUH!! moment for me. Thanks to Dad for letting use his post for the race. It was a really fun race and we all had a great time and finished well. Sara won the womens solo division, Brent finished under the 8 hrs he was shooting for and I finished 6th. Great day! I will post more photos once Brent gets them to me.

1 comment:

Becky Rosenlof said...

Yikes! I'm glad falling to the ground didn't do more damage to your bike. So glad you had a great time.