Slide shows

Monday, June 8, 2009

Another Moab weekend











It seems like my posts revolve around weekends in Moab..hmm, don't know why. Sara and I drove over to Moab on Thurs. to get out of the weird, rainy June weather on the Front Range. The weather on Fri. was a little iffy, even for Moab. A little rain, some wind.. We got in around midnight and stayed with Kirsten and her kids who had driven over to pick up Jenae's new waverunner I had brought with us. In the morning we took them rock climbing. It was nice to spend the morning with them and thought about getting in a ride that afternoon but the weather did'nt look promising. We opted instead for a hike up Negro Bill canyon to see Morning Glory arch. Great hike with poison ive as big as trees! Sat. was beautiful! We went out for a long ride and enjoyed the great weather. Sunday before leaving we went for another short 2 hr ride before driving home. All in all a great weekend! Looking foreward to racing in a couple of weeks in Durango then race season really gets underway!

2 comments:

Becky Rosenlof said...

Way to go, Sara, being camerawoman! I thought only Ken took such chances. It looks like a great trip, as usual. I got a kick out of how the bike tire appeared to be holding still or even going backward in some of the shots. Fun optical illusions. I'm so glad you got to spend some time with Kirsten and family.

Jenae said...

Thanks for getting our wave runner to Kirsten. I really appreciate it! Shaunalei is coming to visit around June 18th, so she's going to bring the wave runner when she comes. I can't wait to take it out on the water. I'm glad you had fun in Moab, and I wish I could have come, but since we all ended up with colds last week, it's probably a good thing I didn't. Can't wait to see you, and meet Sara this summer!